In most hunting trips, hunters usually stay in open fields for a long time.
Hunting can be a risky activity if you don't wear the appropriate gear as rainy weather could hurt your health and lead to severe coughs.
It also reduces your zeal when hunting and you can't do it for long. The best hunting clothing usually protects you from the harsh cold and rainy conditions.
This article highlights the various parts of a hunting rain gear, features, and types of hunting clothing.
A hunting gear has different sections with each meeting a particular need. They include:
- Boots: They are usually waterproof, and they keep your legs dry. Rain boots are taller than standard boots as the top could be more than 15 inches.
- Jackets: Rain jackets usually keep your body warm, and they are made of rubber. If they have insufficient breathability, they may end up being non-breathable hence leading to constant sweating. Due to the invention of modern technology, new rain jacket models have breathable and waterproof features. Some are attached with a hood at the neck.
- Coats: It is slightly different from a rain jacket in that it is longer and it occasionally extends to the knee.
- Ponchos: It is the main component of hunting clothing, and it keeps you dry for long. When worn, it could cover your body from the neck to the knee. It is easy to carry, and its price is also pocket-friendly.
- Headgear: There are different designs and types of the helmet in online shops with each having a different color. Some include; bonnie caps, golf hats, and bucket hats.
- Pants: Rain pants are the lower-body components of a hunting gear which keeps your legs comfortable. They can be adjusted to fit the rain boots. When you are hunting in an open field during rainy weather, you will have to wear the pants to avoid sogginess.
- Socks: Woolen socks keep your feet warm and comfortable. Rain socks are suitable for the cold and breezy weather.
- Hunting gloves: It is a crucial component of a hunting gear as it prevents a gun from slipping as a result of your hands sweating.
- Waterproof bags: Every professional hunter should carry a waterproof bag. You may fill it with miscellaneous items such as a battery, torch, and extra clothes. Protecting your personal belongings from rain should be waterproof.
- Rain suit: The suit combines rain pants and the rain jacket which could have the same or a different color and design pattern. A rain suit is cheaper than buying separate rain pants and a jacket. It enables you to have a matching camouflage.
Features of the Best Hunting Clothing
- Waterproof: Before purchasing a hunting gear, you should consider the water repellent and water resistant features. Water repellent clothing is coated with a chemical that prevents water from reaching its fabric, but this only lasts a few hours of torrential downpour. Water resistant gear protects you from extreme humid conditions.
- Durability: Your clothing should be able to withstand numerous hunting field obstacles such as climbing hills and brushing limbs.
- Breathability: A suitable hunting gear is one that is breathable for you to be comfortable. It gives you a clean, warm and dry outfit while also preventing you from sweating.
- Affordability: You should first fix a budget that restricts your options while also avoiding purchasing cheap and low-quality products. They may prevent you from having a successful hunting trip.
- Softness: When hunting in the field, maintain silence is essential. Your gear should be soundproof in both dry and wet conditions. A soft fabric hunting clothing is the best as it doesn't produce sound when hit by massive raindrops.
- Lightweight: The gear should be portable on a backpack as heavy clothing could lower your hunting productivity.
- Layers: Pick a hunting gear that has a protection layer.
5 Best Hunting Clothes for Cold Weather
1. Sitka Blizzard Bib Pants
These pants have a Perma Loft down Silver and 650-FILL Power white insulations that keep you warm in rough conditions.
They have water repellant and a GORE-TEX laminate finish which keeps you dry on the outer surface while a wicking material keeps you dry on the inner surface.
- They keep a hunter comfortable at all times.
- There are interior and exterior insulations.
- A high back, side zips, cargo pockets and a reinforced seat makes them ideal for extreme conditions.
- They may not be available in some stores.
2. Cabela's Wooltimate Ninja Hood
It is made from a unique Wooltimate fabric which is a perfect blend of soft and warm wool Berber fleece.
- The Thinsulate solution keeps you warm.
- It has a full neck and head coverage that protects your eyes from intense sunshine.
- Its odor-resistant Polartec Power fleece lining prevents animals from detecting your scent.
- It is expensive.
3. Mad Bomber Rabbit Fur Hat
The hat keeps you warm, and it also has a traditional conservative look. It is cozy and comfortable as it is lined with natural rabbit fur. The neck guard and ear flaps fully protect your head from harsh weather.
- You get complete protection from chilly weather.
- It has an additional quilted lining that makes it more comfortable to wear.
- It is only available in some retail stores.
4. Under Armour Infrared Scent Cold Control Gloves
It uses an innovative technology that keeps them breathable, waterproof and eliminates body odors when hunting. Its Cold Gear Infrared lining keeps your fingers dry by radiating your body's heat into the control glove.
- The PrimaLoft insulation keeps your hands warm.
- It minimizes sweating.
- It is unaffordable to many clients.
5 Best Deer Hunting Clothing
1. Drake MST Eqwader plus Quarter Zip Hunting Jacket
The hunting jacket has a Mossy color.
- A particular technology is utilized in this product.
- It has a central vertical pocket and a Magnattach Call.
- Its mid-torso drawstring reduces bulkiness when under water.
- It is expensive.
2. Carhartt Men's Quilted Flannel Lined Camo Active Jacket
It is a cotton jacket with a Mossy Oak color.
- It is imported.
- You can dry clean it frequently.
- There are a waistband and knit cuffs.
- It has a flannel lining that has a logo patch, a hood, and a split kangaroo pocket.
- It is expensive.
3. Wildfowler Outfitter Camo Hunting Waterproof Insulated Bibs
It has excellent camo patterns and a dual-waterproof construction.
- It doesn't produce noise when hunting due to its soft Tricot material.
- The breathable wicking feature enhances its moisture management capability.
- Its four zipper pockets can be used for storage.
- Elastic side panels make it have a comfortable fit.
- It is affordable.
- It may not be available in some shops.
4. 10X Men's Silent Storm Rainshell Jacket
It is a 100% polyester jacket which has a Mossy Oak Infinity color.
- It is shipped to clients for free within two days.
- There is an adjustable and detachable hood.
- It needs proper maintenance.
5. Camo Men's Outdoor Soft Shell Hooded Tactical Jacket
The jacket has a 100% polyester lining, 94% polyester and 6% spandex outer shell and an army color.
- It has a functional design, and it's made of quality fabric.
- The jacket is windproof and water-resistant.
- It has casual sports pockets and a camouflaged hood.
- You can use it for traveling, camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting.
- It is not sold in some stores.
Every experienced hunter should choose the best hunting clothing to have a successful adventure.
Different types of hunting gears can be bought from various stores. Some are sold at low prices, and hence they are easily affordable.