People start to Google and find the best pickleball paddles right at the time when they are in the process of getting coached for the game or when they start paying with their friends. Due to the fact, without having the best of the best, you might not be able to play the game as fluently as you should be. The pickleball paddles are the key to success when you are playing in tournaments and even when you are playing domestic games as well. Though it just seems like a paddle-shaped, a racket like structure with short grip areas and flat surfaced head, it is a lot more than just a structure. It is the backbone of the game that would lead you the higher level success or even let you lose like a looser.
Our Top Pickleball Paddles Picks
- Rally Graphite Pickleball Paddle
- Onix Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- Pro Lite Aero D Paddelball Equipment
- Gamma Classic 1.0 Pickleball Paddles
- SGF pickleball paddle
- Pro-Lite Enforcer Graphite Green
- Escalade Sports Onix Graphite Zen
- Selkirk Sport 20P XL Epic
- Onix React Pickleball Paddle
- Pickle-Ball, Inc. Vortex 2.0
So, if you are dreaming about playing like a pro, makes sure to find good options for you in the form of a great pair of pickleball paddles so that there is no hindrance in your way to success.
Things To Look For When Choosing The Best Pickleball Paddle:
When choosing pickleball paddles, there are many things that you might have to consider to get the one that gives you control, power, and ease of use. Though, most of the players know what they need actually but as a starter, you might be thinking about what you need to look and which things would be crucial in determining the quality and performance of the paddle you may buy. So, to avoid confusion and keep things clear for you here are some things that you might have to see when you are comparing various pickleball paddles on the market:
Different materials used
When you have to choose between the various products you might see that the pickle paddles come in various materials. They might consist of one material or may be sometimes they are made of two different materials to give more strength to the paddle and hit the ball for a better throw. The materials which are commonly used would be graphite, wood, cork, fiberglass, vinyl, resin, carbon fiber and in some cases, the upper surface might have a different configuration to give more spin and throwing capability to the paddles whereas the core is made to provide maximum power.
Chose the correct type of the product:
Due to the fact, the pickleball paddles are made with different kinds of materials, they come in various different types as well. The most common type of these paddles that are found on the market are:
- Composite paddle : Composite paddles are popular these days. Due to the fact, a composite paddle is made of two different kinds of materials which give them a set of variable qualities. A composite paddle may consist of fiberglass, wood, resins and any of the two materials which are commonly used in these paddles.
- Graphite core paddle: Graphite paddle is made of graphite material as their core and they give enough pop and throw force to the ball and are lighter than the wooden or aluminum core paddles. They are also somewhat cheap and can be a good pick for those who need more pop from the behind position.
- Wooden face paddle: Wooden face paddles, give more control on the ball and has a wooden surface to dampen the pop while positioning the ball more accurately.
- Aluminum core paddle: The aluminum core paddles have a honeycomb in the core that is made of aluminum and gives a lot of power on the ball. It is a bit heavier as well but could be a good fit for expert and responsible players who can manage them while playing.
- Fiberglass face paddles: Fiberglass face paddles give lots of pop and their fiberglass surface sometimes comes up with certain unique design to give more spin and pop at the same time to beat the opponents like a pro.
- Polymer and Nomex core: Polymer and Nomex are two other kinds of materials which can be found in the pickleball paddles core. Among these materials, the Polymer core paddles give soft and popping bounce in the ball while playing whereas the Nomex give enough control and dampen the bounce to give more control. Nomex is harder lighter in weight and has lesser bounce so that the player can direct the ball in the right direction and with the correct angle moves.
The components of a pickleball paddle
These paddles are made of a unique structure to give additional power and control to the player while hitting the ball. Composite pickleball paddles are the most popular form of these paddles that offer high-quality performance, easy use and well-adjusted game performance during the play. Taking an example of a common pickleball paddle, here is a structure that is the base of every kind of these paddles.
There are 7 major components of a pickleball paddle which are:
1. The face:
The face of the pickleball paddle is a flat surface of a specific size that is made of either graphite, wood, fiberglass or carbon. These materials have varying effects on the power and control of the paddles which they will provide while performing in the game. In addition to the varied materials, the surface of the paddle is also given a specific pattern to make sure they give an added spin to the ball when it hits the paddle.
Though most of the paddles have the same structure but you may select specific style and materials depending on your needs as a dinking in a player or a forefront player. Due to the fact when you are playing the extreme back end, you need more popping action whereas if you are in the closer field you might need to have a controlled shot to surpass the net safely.
2. The core:
The core also plays an important role in determining the power and control features because a bouncy core will give a popping effect whereas a solid core like of aluminum gives power. Or it can be Nomex which is lighter and will give the control over the ball movement. The core materials are arranged in honeycomb form to provide lightweight support which is sturdy as well.
3. The handle
The handle is definitely a part that helps in managing the paddle in your hand. You need to get the paddle that has a handle with appropriate width to make sure it is well gripped in your handled. The gripping surface also matters a lot to avoid the slipping of the paddle from your hand.
4. The grip size
The grip size matters a lot and you need to know about the perfect length and width of the handle. It should be noticed that when you are selecting the correct grip size you may have to know your own limits. You may grip the paddle and see of it lets you grip easily and also see if the handle reaches your palm comfortably. Generally, you can find the handle having sizes with 4 inches grip, 4 ¼ grip, and 4 ½ grip sizes.
5. The weight
The weight of the paddle also matters because if it weighs a lot you cannot play easy and if it is too light it may not give you enough control and a balanced power to your hands. The plastic, graphite and composite paddles are some of the lightweight examples of pickleball paddles. Make sure to choose a medium weight for an all-rounder play or a light weight for more controlling effect and in case you need more power you need to have a heavier version of the paddle.
6. The overall size
The surface area of the paddle determines the area covered when playing with the ball. Bigger surface area and size means more coverage and vice versa. You can have better coverage with bigger paddles. But still, it is better to choose a moderate sized paddle that fits your hands and give you enough chance to maneuver around.
7. The thinning and whipping effect
Thinning and whipping effect works perfectly when you have to throw in the ball from the outside. Due to the fact if you have a thinner paddle it will add more force and pop effect as compared to when using solid and straightforward paddles.
Power and control features are determined with the help of the weight, core material and the surface or face materials, the surface area and the handle size. All these component or features join together to give a combined action function for the player.Heavy and solid core and surface materials give more power, while lightweight, resin or fiberglass materials give more control. For back players popping functions works best while for responsible play in the inner position works best with a solid core or heavy paddles.
Top 10 Best Pickleball Paddles On The Market
We have sorted 10 of the best pickleball paddles for you to select from. Let’s have a look at the main features and benefits of this pickleball:
Pickleball Paddles - Buyer’s Guide
How To Choose And Buy The Best Pickleball Paddle?
Choosing a pickleball paddle requires you to focus on various aspects of the pickleball shape and its size along with its other features that play an important role in making its function different from each other. To help you select the one that would be perfect for you, here are a few things you should know before you buy one for you:
- Compare the brands and their best products
At first, you have to surf the net or visit the market to find out the best bands offering the desired range of pickleball paddles so that you may easily compare the features. After shortlisting the best brands, you may pick the best products offered by the selected brands to compare and shortlist a few products to search more about them.
- Choose the correct type and material
Choosing the correct type of materials is also important as your power and control on the ball and the paddle depends on it. In case you need cheap and light weight paddles, you may go for the plastic made paddles while in case you are looking for high-class paddles you may choose composite paddles having varied materials and special features to add value to its functions.
- Compare the sizes
Compare and choose the correct size of the paddle so that you can handle the movement better and control the ball on the court. There are many sizes which are available on the market you just have to get the best possible handle size, handle width and the surface area of the paddle so that it sits easily on your handle and helps in hitting the ball with great control and sufficient power.
- Read reviews
Reading reviews give an idea of how well the paddle can perform under what kind of conditions. You can discuss and get helpful information through customers reviews shared by real users.
- Make sure at which position you will be playing
If you know your position in the game, either a back player or the front player, you can choose the paddle better. Because the back players need more power and bounce while the inside players need more control and stable actions for angling and correct positioning.
- Determine the weight limit
Weight limit effects the performance of the players and the fatigue factor. Due to the fact, the weight of the paddle affects the wrist movements, as if it exerts more pressure on the wrist you may feel tired and may not be able to maneuver the ball correctly. So having the weight that you can bear with easily would be good.
Benefits Of Buying The Best Pickleball Paddles
Buying a pickleball paddle serves in many great ways when you want to play ball games either indoors or outdoors.
- These paddles work best to throw in the ball with added force and with lesser effort.
- The paddles work perfectly to control the ball moves to an extend place without leaving the actual position so many times as it covers some extra place where you can hit the ball easily.
- The best pickleball paddles are durable and they are able to perform for many games without losing its features.
How To Play Pickleball?
Here we discussed best pickleball paddles that people may want to buy for their pickleball games. Pickleball tournaments are fun and a great source of excitement for most of the people. The game becomes even more exciting when the players have the right pickleball paddles to play the game like professionals. To ensure that pickleball paddles would work for you, you need to find the one that you can handle easily with enough gripping surface and handle height, sufficiently wide face areas to hit the ball as accurately as possible and should have a medium weight for most beginners.
Heavyweight paddles are for more power while lightweight paddles and medium weight composite paddles are good for the beginners and for those who need more control over the moves.
Here we have listed 10 of the best pickleball paddles in which we should say that we have sorted almost all kinds of paddles that are the best in their specific category and you just have to make sure you choose the right type you need. Hope you will find our list helpful and will guide you to pick the best within minutes. Happy pickleball gaming!